Old 08-19-2015, 02:49 AM
miriam
Power Poster

I think I am going to let Mom read all the suggestions then let her decide how to do the back. Since she struggles so much to sew, she can at least decide things. She did completely piece about 1/4th of the blocks before she gave up and would only iron. (then I have to worry about her getting burned) She has forgotten how to not make thread nests under the FW. I remind her to turn the hand wheel toward her, leave the take up lever up when she starts and stops, leave thread tails in the needle and bobbin behind the foot and she forgets or gets in a hurry - she taught Home Ec.... sad.... I'm thinking she may do ok on an 'easier to clean out a thread jam machine' but we will see how that goes. With a kid next week there will be improvement with dementia next week there will not be improvement. There may be a window of time when she can do things for a while. I just have to find the windows. Some times I just have to do things and let her 'help' by finding things she CAN do that day.

Thanks everybody for all the kind words. Funny thing about Jenny's flutterby quilt was I saw that video right after we did the aqua corners. Something was lacking so we did the pink corners. Some times I set mom up with some of Jenny's videos while I clean up the kitchen. She loves to watch.

Last edited by miriam; 08-19-2015 at 02:58 AM.