Old 08-19-2015, 05:26 PM
vortexblue

Hello,
I found this post while trying to research my recent find. It's a fantastic source to see all the varieties of these different machines. I thought I'd add my own - and what little I know about it.

For the search engines:
It's "The White House" model, which I learned was a private label for an upscale department store. It's in great shape, and works effortlessly. On the machine it says 140, De Luxe, Zig Zag, Made in Japan, J-A13, and KZ 1.
Z21 is stamped into the casting, and so is J 27.
It has a Dynamic Sewing Motor that is color matched to the main body. It says MEW 115V, 0.8A

I did look around and found a similar model, an Alden Deluxe ZigZag at Stagecoach Road Sewing.
There's a video of that one as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWaf7WyVrF0
[ATTACH=CONFIG]528232[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]528233[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]528234[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]528236[/ATTACH]

This is my first sewing machine. I was looking for something to sew light automotive vinyls together; industrial machines seemed like 'too much machine' for me. I then started looking at the Sailrite mini walking foot machine, but when I spotted this, I had to have it. It has no needle yet, so I'll get on that this week. I'll test it out on some scraps.
Should I be OK for light use or will I need to grab a 1.5A motor (maybe get a different machine all together?)

I'd love to hear any further information on this machine, or maybe some thoughts on making it work for my use. I'll attach more pics for the archive.
Attached Thumbnails img_3004.jpg   img_3002.jpg   img_2997.jpg   img_3010.jpg  

Last edited by vortexblue; 08-19-2015 at 05:28 PM.