View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 06:33 AM
Sewnoma

I've finally reached a saturation point - I definitely can't fit another cabinet into my house, and I have so many "distressed" machines in line for a turn on the "hospital table" that I am starting to feel burdened by my collection rather than excited by it. I have so much to work on and play with that I'm not looking for more....not that I don't immediately search for them if I happen to be at a thrift shop or garage sale, but I'm not looking on eBay or CL for now...

I'm up to 17 machines now, accumulated all but 1 (my first machine) within the past 2 years or so. Not too bad, I guess. About half of those need some sort of work right now. And I'm going to have to let go of my larger cabinet and the Kenmore that's in it, I think. I just don't have the room for it and I don't use it as much as I use some of the other machines that I'd like to set up in my "new" smaller Singer cabinet. It's too bad, I've fallen for that machine - it works great and I like the cabinet a lot, but I just can't find a place to keep it.