View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 12:40 PM
tebill

[QUOTE=Basketman;7292228]I have the same kit and was breezing along until I hit the section in the directions where it said to stitch along the edges of the feathers and then proceed. I have fairly good piecing skills but sewing with a machine along the edge of the fusible parts is really not a skill set I am comfortable attempting. Please tell me you built the entire project and then quilted it?

I did built the entire project before quilting it - other than the beak and the very end tail feathers which needed their own backing so that they could stick out over the edge a bit. I found it difficult to neatly go around all the edges and ended up doing straight stitching but in conjunction with my reverse button! It was so much easier to stitch all those feather points etc. that way! Up close it's not beautiful stitching but with the two foot rule or whatever it looks much nicer. I took lots of breaks to work on a baby quilt for our son & his partner - variety kept me sane throughout this little hanging! Have fun with it! Having the pieces fusible would make the hanging much easier so stick it together and go for it!