Thread: iPad vs other?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 08:10 AM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I can't access the net from iPad because of this whatever ....so I can't get to google about ransom ware......I will have to visit the dreaded apple store.....they will probably try and sell me another one, but I won't go that route again. I will look into the fire, I think.......I use it for just email, here, any info, tutes, a very few online purchases ...no games....have kindle for reading........I don't know......

As as horrible as this idea sounds, rather than buy another tablet, try going into "settings", then "general", go all the way to the bottom on the right side, then push reset, you will follow prompts to reset. You will loose your bookmarks, and apps, but it is still easier than buying and learning a new product. After the reset, you can go to the App Store and reload any apps you have paid for, and any you may have gotten free. Look under "purchased". If you are like me and try free apps (not usually sample of apps) through the "Apps Gone Free" app, you may have to hunt for the ones you had, but still easier than learning a new machine. Best part, FREE! Good luck dear, and no more clicking on things that "just appear". Hope this improves your experience and avoid the dreaded "Mac Store". Lol!

{for the record, when I got my replacement, I just went to the App Store, reloaded what I had paid for or had free, and off we go, back in business! Yippee!}

Last edited by madamekelly; 08-23-2015 at 08:19 AM.