View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Irishrose2

Anna you are doing so much correctly that it must be time for a feast day. Prolonged calorie cutting makes your body think that's all it's ever going to have, so it adjusts it's calorie need accordingly. Remember as women our bodies conserve energy to feed the fetus in case of a pregnancy - doesn't matter that I'm 25 years post menopausal. To override this, you splurge once a week. Eat whatever you want within reason. That resets your metabolism back to normal. When I was losing weight last time, my feast day could be every four days, but I think that is often for most people. Just remember 'day' is singular - the next day you return to your program.

Pat, I like the idea of a natural determent. My daughter uses my dogs' hair to keep the deer out of her apple orchard. Moira is a big time contributor and Lily does her part. It might help with the deer here, but I bet the bunnies wouldn't care. BTW, speaking of being natural, I just discovered something that blows my mind. Farmers spray wheat with Roundup when it is ready for harvest. Apparently the dying plant shoots off a burst of energy and produces extra wheat kernels. It also drys the wheat out so it can be processed more quickly. The only way around it to buy organic. What are we doing to ourselves and our future generations? First all the young girls with large breasts and no waistlines from microwaving plastic with BPA. Possible link between modified wheat and ADHD. The wheat sold today is not the same wheat we ate as children, even before this Roundup fiasco.

Speaking of wheat, farmers with a crop ready to cut can't be happy today. The rain keeps pouring down very hard, then letting up and then starting all over again. The first one hit shortly after I arrived home from church and was going to take the dogs out. There's a lovely walk through a wooded part of the city that I prefer to do in daylight and it's not hot today. Whoops.

I am thawing a steak. My legs have been a little tired from this diet and I've got a yoga class Tuesday. J has decided we aren't beginners any more. That young man and I have had some long discussions because he sees women's bodies as simply smaller men's. He is a good listener and learner so it's all good. Pat, have you tried Yin Yoga? Totally different and I can see it's benefits combined with more yang practices.

Had my 'trike' out late last night and heard about it from a neighbor this morning. Good grief, I have lights and this a safe area. I refuse to live my life in fear of what might happen.

I AM losing weight and becoming healthier.
Judy