View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 09:12 AM
mckwilter

I bought a pack of 2-1/2" batik strips called "Meringue". They are Tonga Treats by Timeless Treasure. I needed a scrappy background and this was perfect. I was disappointed because the strips were badly cut (anywhere from 1/8" too small to 1/8" too large, and some had dips in the center, so I haven't bought any more, but they may be perfect for what you are making.

I don't know if you can tell the various shades from this picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]528617[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by ocydroma View Post
I am wanting to make my daughter who rides dressage, a form of English riding, a quilt of a dressage ring. I want to use a neutral batik jelly roll so it will look like sand footing in the ring. So white is too white and brown is too dark. I'm wanting to find like ecru to a light tannish. Well... Sand color. I thought the batiks would give it some texture but I'm having a hard time finding what I'm wanting. I guess if I can't find the batik, I'll use cotton with very small print.

I'm just wondering if what I'm wanting is even made? Has anyone had this issue? I would love for the main part of the quilt to resemble sand as much as possible.

Anyone have any any ideas what company makes this or any ideas on how I can achieve this look? I would be so grateful for any help/suggestions. This is a Christmas present for my daughter but since this is a design I have come up with just in my head and on paper I want to start working on it ASAP in case I come upon issues!!

TIA!!!
Attached Thumbnails 2013-04-28-mysterious-blocks.jpg