View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 08:16 AM
quiltmom04

Originally Posted by tuesy
My problem is that my machine is also an embroidery machine. It's a B/L Ellagante and when it gets to stitching with the machine unit on, it can really move things.

I have it presently on a 5 foot folding table that locks, but it's not sturdy enough.. well I mean it holds it alright, but it will get to moving/shaking when it's stitching.

I also have my 301 on that table, so when I'm not using my Ellegante I can use it there. I have about 6 feet to work with here.
I have an old wooden conference table that a local bank was getting rid of. It's a bit scratched on the top, but when you put cutting mats over it - it works fine. Very sturdy. You could check out yard sales for a table and put inexpensive laminate on top if you had to.
I've looked at the thrift store for a old desk, table or sewing machine cabinet, but nothing there and we only have one thrift store.

Does anyone have any ideas? I desperately need help as I don't want it to fall or shake off (yes it get to shaking and scares the bejeepers out of me).

Thank you for any ideas...