View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 02:57 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
... I was really wanting a Singer 101. ... I badly need a manual because there are things on this machine that I am not familiar with. ... what is the big thing to the left of the spool pin ...Many questions.
I thought that it would be neat - about having the X01 series, but after reading about the 101 I decided I wouldn't actively pursue it. (Of course, if one passed my path really really cheap, I would probably 'snag' it.)

Looking through the singerco manual, I still can't figure out what the big thing next to the spool pin is. My guess would be to be able to get to the gears inside that area. There is also an older 1921 manual at http://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollect...2682/index.htm Somewhere on the Smithsonian site there are five pages of thirty-six of the adjuster's manual for the 101, but can't find it now. Maybe put 1833 in place of the 2682 in the above link. They scanned the cover pages and so doesn't have really any useful information in what was scanned.

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
..... but that is your last machine... until the next gem comes along!!

Ask me how I know.
RIGHT you are.... I thought that after I got my "Tiffany."

Sewbeadit - thank you, for guessing correctly about the stitch length dial. I wondered about that, too. Interestingly, when I looked at the PDF regarding that dial the manual states, "This disc is marked with arbitrary numbers, ranging from 6 to 30" and "(The numerals do not denote the number of stitches to the inch)"

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.