Old 08-26-2015, 08:33 AM
Altairss

I watched a bunch of video from the people already mentioned and then just went for it. Did small sandwiches and then runners. For me since I have airbrushed for years it was easier because I had already trained myself to use my hands to follow where my eyes were going. I look at where I want the thread to go and use my hands to make that happen. Also I had to learn to make my hands go the same speed as the thread was going. With my Pfaff I need to do a waltz no rush slower speed working together. With my Babylock Jane I am able to move much quicker as she can really move but still its learning your machine and what speed your hand and eye works with your machines speed. And learning to control it. So basically practice and find what works for you. Quilt management is important as well as how your quilt moves across your surface. Hang ups with the quilt and jerky movements can cause some strange things to happen. Ask me how I know. And remember to check your back often. I have had beautiful stitching on the top only to find the back was full of eye lashes cause I went to fast in corners or really loose as my tension was off.