View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 05:02 AM
nanna-up-north

Default Nanna's 2015 Row-by-Row Quilt

I was encouraged to do a R-b-R quilt this summer and post it on QB so this is it. I'm really not fond of the bonding method of applique but for this it was okay. I had trouble with the glue sticking to the needle and breaking thread as I stitched the pieces on but I posted that problem and a few people came to my aide. This quilt will get washed so I had to satin stitch everything on.... sure used up a lot of thread.

But we live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula during the summer, only 20 or so miles from Wisconsin. The quilt shops are spread out..... some 2+ hrs drive from me but to get 8 blocks for a quilt I had to include Wi shops. And really, there were some nice shops that I'd never been to before. I picked blocks that reflect our 'Up North' experience and since we took a cruise to Alaska this summer I also included the ship (it has dolphin buttons sewn on.... should have been whales), and the dog sled block. The only block not from my area up here is the big lighthouse on the side. I had my SIL down state send that kit to me. I think I read somewhere that there's only one state with more lighthouses than Michigan and I needed an up and down block for the side.

So, here it is. I don't know if there are any shops still needing a quilt to be turned in but I have one shop I'm going to check today. If I don't get the FQs, that's fine. This quilt will definitely fit well up here at the cabin.
Attached Thumbnails r-b-r-quilt.jpg