Old 08-27-2015, 08:12 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Thanks, ladies for the kind words of encouragement and prayers about my eye. Left eye is about 98% blind, so it was a greater concern about the right eye optic nerve swelling up. No medicinal knowledge on why or what causes the optic nerve to swell up. Thanks to the One above, I can still see and function almost normal. Not driving because the depth perception is off yet.

HyVee stores here had chicken hindquarters on sale, ten pounds for $3.90, so I bought 4 sacks of ten pounds each yesterday and they are in pans cooking on the stove. Then I will de-bone and put half a quart of chicken and the rest broth and process in the pressure cooker for 90 minutes at ten pounds. Each jar will make the right amount for dh to have chicken and noodles that he loves so much. That was 40 pounds of meat for $16.00. Love bargains like this.

The new thread is off and running hard, Honchey. These new riders are really showing us beautiful work, so well done, I am in awe of their work. I am feeling the challenge to do my very best with every block. Seems we can all learn new things from each other on this journey. JanRN, I like your folder idea, which I use as I put together each block. It organizes me better and I can clean up easier afterwards.