View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 11:36 AM
lalaland

I have a Brother Innovis 4000D which is a also a pretty big embroidery machine. I have a dresser in my sewing room and my machine sits on that. It's old but it's full of fabric which gives it the weight it needs to be sturdy and so can support the embroidery machine. It also raises it to a height that allows me to stand and thread, which is a lot more convenient for me than having to sit down and thread. I have a bar stool that I use when I need to sit in front of it and program things in.

Also, to prevent movement, buy some of that spongy nonskid stuff you use inside your cupboards - the lining stuff. One of the gals mentioned it, you can get it at the dollar store. Cut off a piece and put it under your machine. It will hold it in a place and keep it from "walking".

I teach sewing and have a machine in my class that, when you press down the backstitch lever, the machine would lose balance and "rock". When I put the nonskid pad under it, the problem was solved. Now I keep a roll handy and put it under all my machines.