View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 07:44 PM
Jeanette Frantz

Oh my, Miriam, we have lots of wildlife around here, but it's "zoned" residential. In truth, there's more undeveloped land in this area than there is developed land. By zoning regulation, you can't have chickens, etc., but, of course, how are you going to tell the fox, bob cats, skunks, etc. that they can't live where they have for many, many years! This development is comprised of 6,100 +- acres, with each building site being a minimum of 1 acre (we have a little over 2 acres). Oh, we also have cuyotes out here -- you can't have a cat and leave them outside (safely) 'cause the cuyotes will kill them! We also have beautiful owls which we enjoy. The owls are very good at keeping the field rat population down. The squirrels are real pests. We strung Christmas lights down our driveway fence on both sides, and the squirrels chewed up the bulbs, and the wire, etc. They've also gotten under the hood of my car and chewed the wires and chewed holes in the vacuum system of the car. My son calls them "rats" in cute costumes -- to me they're just pests! Miriam, I'm sorry your DH caught the skunk perfume!

Cathy, you're going to love your Large Shed!

Jeanette

Last edited by Jeanette Frantz; 08-28-2015 at 07:47 PM. Reason: correcting some wording