Old 08-29-2015, 02:54 AM
Rosyhf

4 am and I am up and about. It must be the hurricane. Anyway, I decided to do my first pony block since I was up and this Beauty looks to be a bear lol. I will do a little tut on this one in case someone else decides to join me.
I am using all SW fabrics with indians, kokopeli etc.

On this block, the head of the Indian is turned for a reason that way, as I wanted the pony to be facing. Isn't he cute? Ok, the best way I figured out how to make this block is as follows. Cut all your templates out and place them on the cut out fabrics so it won't get confusing. I then lay out the block, so I can see what goes where, I take my time. I sew the first two light piece on all the squares. Now for dark two pieces. I sew the first piece on, right up to the 1/4 inch seam of the light fabric, do not cross over the seam, back stitch. See the pin, right before the seam? Now bring up the dark and light remaining ends and sew those together. This is another way of doing the set-in. Instead of leaving open a 1/4 inch, just sew up to the seam.

Now sew the blocks together, two and two and then sew those together and you have the square hole left. Sew the main square into that hole the same way you sewed the strips. Sew up to the 1/4 inch seam line, on all four sides. I did half and then the other half but it can be done either was, add the triangles.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0030.jpg   dsci0032.jpg   dsci0033.jpg   dsci0036.jpg   dsci0037.jpg  

dsci0038.jpg   dsci0039.jpg   dsci0040.jpg  

Last edited by Rosyhf; 08-29-2015 at 02:56 AM.