Old 08-29-2015, 06:49 AM
Weezy Rider

Working at it. The hardest part is I don't do all over and filler designs, I don't like them. I prefer marked designs where I want them. My embroidery machine doesn't have a larger practical hoop than 5 inches, so if I want larger, I have to free motion. Mine is more like ruler work using marking pens instead. The problem is getting to the point of that. Most Craftsy classes are good, but they assume all over and filler work. I usually just watch the learning technique part and ignore the rest. Leah Day is good, but I'd never use how to sandwich a full size quilt. I'll only do a twin size as QAYG. I did a king size with just STID on an old Pfaff 1471 and never again.

That's more practicing the feeling. Right now I'm doing curves that wind up looking like "Rob Peter to Pay Paul" 4 inches apart along the squares which can be continuous up to a point. Some squares have triangles, and those are sort of echo. So there is stopping and starting. The blocks are 24 inches and will be finished QAYG. Learning as I go.

Last edited by Weezy Rider; 08-29-2015 at 06:55 AM.