Old 08-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Jeanne S

Default Can We Have An Quilt Show/Contest? I Have A Winner!!

I don't think I have ever seen an ugly quilt show/contest on this Board! Well, I have one that I think would win. Over a year ago, when my guild was making quilts for the Juvenile Justice Center, I thought I would make a brightly colored one that might appeal to a teenager. So I picked some random bright fabrics from my stash (that I probably would never have used!!) and made a stack of the easy rectangle blocks. When I laid them all out together on the floor, the result was absolutely horrible--the colors and prints all next to each other was just awful. So I stacked the blocks up and set them aside as I just couldn't bear to look at them. I recently was going through some UFO's and ran across these ugly blocks. The only thing I could think of to do was to separate them with some wide black strips to tone down the mishmash of prints and colors. Here is the result--still very ugly!!! Not sure what to do with it now. Maybe I will take it to the Day Center for the Homeless--at least it may keep someone warm.
This whole experience got me to thinking that I really have not seen very many truly UGLY quilts here--surely I am not the only one to make one! It might be fun[ATTACH=CONFIG]529188[/ATTACH] to see some others and get a chuckle from them if you are brave enough to show yours!!
Attached Thumbnails p1120037.jpg