View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 02:46 AM
ruby2shoes

Default Chevron quilt for my grandson

Well, it's finished...after bothering everyone here with my questions and concerns for weeks I've finally completed my grandsons' quilt; except for the tag but I'll get that done in the next week or so. I tried machining the binding on this time; attaching at the back and then folding over and machining on the front. I really enjoyed doing the binding this way both because it was so quick and also because I like the look of it. Think I'll do this more often...and yay....no gazillion pins or clips to stab myself with whilst handsewing! I've given it a quick handwash in the bath and have it lying on some blankets on the floor in front of the heater. Once the main "wet" has seeped out I'll think about draping it over an airer for the next few days and hopefully present it to my grandson in a fortnights time at our next fanily gathering. Now, I'm on to the next grandchilds' chevron quilt....in purples this time as per request...but there may be a little divergence to the scrappy QAYG project I have set up on the old Janome. Thanks for looking and all your advice during construction.
Attached Thumbnails p8300695-custom-.jpg   p8300697-custom-.jpg   p8300702-custom-.jpg