View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 08:51 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

I am finally quilting the top I made from LAST year's candy swap (2014), because my husband's uncle wanted one of my quilts and he choose this one. It's so big that I was going to take it to quilt on a long arm, but decided to go ahead and wrestle it on my Juki at home instead. The pattern is Arkansas Crossroads-- great for candies-- and I wanted to share with you a simple way I came up with to quilt it. (You can see in the close up.) I am doing all the color motifs this way, and I will do a simple diagonal line down the center of all the diagonal backgrounds (the advertising fabric). It's really a fast way to get this quilt quilted with minimal but 'just enough' quilting, using my walking foot.

So now I have a dilemma... I have over 720 unique fabrics in this quilt and I love them all. As I quilt it I love the quilt even more. I wish I hadn't promised it away! I know I can make another, but will I? I really hate to give this one up, but at least it is staying in the family. Uncle Eddie will appreciate it and take good care of it.
Attached Thumbnails dsc01987.jpg   dsc01988.jpg