Old 08-30-2015, 08:51 PM
sewbeadit

Our gas today is 3.09, it has been going up and down for the past two weeks, so who knows. I can't help but think that is not cheap gas. We have always, even when gas was 40 cents a gallon combined our trips to save gas and will always do that. After retirement we were unable to travel because of ill health. So stay put is our only option. We have a couple of places for sewing machines left so have to be careful what we buy now.

I don't know if it will help the prices of machines or anything but I know when it is doom and gloom people start looking for treadles and hand cranks. I met my neighbor because of her treadle and hand crank sewing machines, she wants people powered machines in case we have problems and won't have electricity. She is a basic prepper person and is trying to learn how to live without help if something happens. So I know there are a lot of people still interested in these things, but I am thinking it is more of a collecting hobby than anything now days. Probably won't ever make a million selling our precious machines.