View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 10:01 AM
maT

lovely quilting - you are an inspiration!

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I am finally quilting the top I made from LAST year's candy swap (2014), because my husband's uncle wanted one of my quilts and he choose this one. It's so big that I was going to take it to quilt on a long arm, but decided to go ahead and wrestle it on my Juki at home instead. The pattern is Arkansas Crossroads-- great for candies-- and I wanted to share with you a simple way I came up with to quilt it. (You can see in the close up.) I am doing all the color motifs this way, and I will do a simple diagonal line down the center of all the diagonal backgrounds (the advertising fabric). It's really a fast way to get this quilt quilted with minimal but 'just enough' quilting, using my walking foot.

So now I have a dilemma... I have over 720 unique fabrics in this quilt and I love them all. As I quilt it I love the quilt even more. I wish I hadn't promised it away! I know I can make another, but will I? I really hate to give this one up, but at least it is staying in the family. Uncle Eddie will appreciate it and take good care of it.