View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Monale

Default Rail-Fence Quilt Finished

I finished the lap quilt for my friend with a brain tumour last night, washed it and and brought it over this morning. She was very touched and said that so far, she was using a fleece blanket which, although warm and cuddly, is in depressing grey. This quilt has bright colours to cheer her up, and as bird lover she was especially thrilled to find owls on it

In technical terms, I know that the quilting is not a master piece. It's the first quilt I machine quilted, so in some ways it was a trial piece of FMQ. Also, it was a new experience to make a quilt from start to finish in about 10 days (I was rather busy last week and had to let it rest for a number of days. It probably was 3-4 days if you only count the days I actually worked on it). Also, I used glue basting for the first time and LOVE it! It was not as messy as I expected it to be but perfect! Will definitely use it again!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]529443[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]529444[/ATTACH]

As I am on a budget, I pieced the back from a vintage bedsheet and some feed-sack fabric my mom gave me (guess she had it from her mom). Not the most beautiful back, but it does the job!
Attached Thumbnails thumb_img_4108_1024.jpg   thumb_img_4109_1024.jpg   thumb_img_4111_1024.jpg  

Last edited by Monale; 09-01-2015 at 12:40 AM.