View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 08:03 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Sharon states what she uses in weight. I pull the thread as I go.I have done Sharon's method and it's quite easy to quilt over the basting then pull the basting thread out. I haven't had a problem. What's nice is being able to baste then put it away if you can't get right to the quilting process.
Originally Posted by Manalto View Post
Thanks for this. I've seen the wrap-it-around-a-board method before; I didn't realize that Sharon Shamber invented it. I'm going to try it; I like its compactness. One thing I did right, or at least according to her method, was the herringbone stitch, which I mistakenly called a zigzag stitch. 2 1/2" spacing seems tight, but the stability is probably needed for some projects. (I spaced my stitches 3 of Shrek's fingers apart.) She doesn't explain why you shouldn't quilt over the stitches. It seems so much easier to remove it at the end, rather than de-stabilize an area you're going to quilt. Do you know why?

I looked up DMC tatting thread and it comes in several weights. Do you know which weight would be good for this purpose?

Last edited by tessagin; 09-01-2015 at 08:06 AM.