Old 09-01-2015, 01:36 PM
givio

QNS, Thank you for the kind invitation. Your mention of 'no family members come in for Christmas' struck a chord with me as I don't do a lot for celebrating Christmas. I have 3 married sons, and 5 granddaughters who are all under the age of 4. (My 'adopted daughter' also has a baby girl. She's a girl friend who is a generation younger than I, who I've loved since the 90's, so I think of her like a daughter.) My oldest son lives in Idaho, my dear girl friend in Canada, so I see them rarely. My other 2 sons live nearby. But as often happens with boys, they seem to go most often to the in-laws for holidays. Somehow daughters are closer to their mothers than mother-in-laws. :-)

I would like to do FWS, PC, Mystery blocks, etc., but I've got 2 jobs and go to college, and have so many WIP, that starting the blocks in the other thread is quite a challenge for me-- because I mean to finish that project to keep it for my husband and I. I love to make tops, but don't like sandwiching and quilting. If I could feel like a top was a finished project, then I'd be a happy camper, but it's the completed quilt that is my goal.