View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Baren*eh*ked_canadian

Oh, I wish I could afford a fancy machine...

Ok, here are mine

My 1949 singer was in lovely shape before the flooding in my basement two years ago. I claimed it and the many other things I had to my landlord, but he refused to submit my claims to his insurer. So now, I'm suing him and still waiting for a court date. (Neglect on his part, I told him there was a water problem two years in a row, he ignored the problem and it ruined my stuff) This poor machine is now cracked and peeling, the case is full of black mold, the metal parts are oxidized. I don't even know if it still works, I can't bare to even plug it in :(

Next up, is the Kenmore model 1774 that my mother bought herself before she was even married- I think she bought it in the mid-70s. It comes with a ton of different cams and attatchments and it cost a pretty penny for an embroidery machine like this back in the day. Still works great, but it takes up a lot of room because of the sewing table it goes in, and the sewing table is now the little stand I put my bird cage on... lol I pull this machine out when there is someone else over who is sewing with me.

After that, is my regular machine. I spent over 500 bucks on this machine, and that is a lot of money for me! I bought it last year, and I'm almost finished paying for it. I think my last payment is next month! It sews like a dream, has a ton of stitch functions, does GREAT FMQ, I love love love this machine. My only complaint is that the space I have to wad up my quilt in between the body and the needle is not very big... My next machine will have a bigger throat. Maybe I'll use the 1500 bucks I'm suing my old landlord for to buy a new machine... That is, when we eventually go to court over it!

My 1949 Singer industrial
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54298[/ATTACH]

1949 Singer... poor baby!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54299[/ATTACH]

1974 kenmore model 1774. My mother bought this machine before she got married!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54437[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-54298.jpe   attachment-54299.jpe   attachment-54437.jpe   attachment-54440.jpe