View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 01:43 PM
MaryTG

Well, that was a wasted 5 hours. I drove up to see the cabinet and found that the interior of the cabinet had section that were nearly cheese due to all the holes and grooves that had been cut into in at various times. Admittedly they couldn't be seen from the outside, but the mechanism that supposedly held the Dressmaker model (which is about the same weight at the 201-2 I was considering the cabinet for) was bent and useless. I am guessing that it was bent due to inadequate design and unless I wanted to redo the entire inside of the cabinet to support the machine in a totally different manner, no sewing machine would work in that piece. The worst part was that two grooves that were 3/4 of the way through the lid were cut to let the metal mechanism slide and support the machine. Rube Goldberg had nothing on whoever came up with this design.

The seller tried to convince me that all old cabinets are like this since people replace the machines in them as they get outdated and things get modified. Uh-huh, sure.