View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 06:52 PM
quilt938

thanks Rodney- I just now saw the post. I ended up going to the local shop where I've bought several machines and ended up with a stretch belt - so far it seems to be doing ok - at least this has me sewing. it's not a tight fit- she said a too tight fit would harm the machine but this one seems to fit perfect. I may still get a regular belt if I find myself using the machine a lot.
but I got my bobbin wound and was doing some sewing including trying out the decorative stitches that are built in and one of the cams that came with it it's a fun machine and not so intimidating once I read the book and fiddled with it a bit. changing the bobbin tire didn't work but once I put on the new belt that sucker took off winding like crazy!
the onlly thing I'm noticing is slow stopping - I'm not used to the knee control so that may be the problem but I ease off and it keeps sewing for a few more stitches. I like the machine though- had thought to make my way around to some other machines tonight but hasn't happened yet