Old 09-04-2015, 05:27 AM
retiredteacher09

Thanks for hosting again. .

I will be working on a child's jungle quilt for a pastor and his wife as they are decorating with a jungle theme. I want to get the top done but I need to do some problem solving on block patterns/colors before I sew more on it because I don't have enough of two of the fabrics to make all of the blocks. When I started experimenting with making patterns bigger by cutting the pieces with my new die cutter, I didn't have any one in mind for the top or the size of it. Now that I know who will receive it, I need to get it finished. Baby is due the end of October.

I will also be trying paper piecing for the first time as I need to get a wall hanging done for a niece and her husband's MN wedding reception on the 19th. I will be using fabric from my late MIL's stash. Because they live in Nicauragua, I am doing a wall hanging instead of a quilt because my niece said it's too warm for a quilt! . Grandma didn't get all of the quilts done for the unmarried grandchildren so I'm trying to do that from her stash.

Finally, I will be sewing more blocks and rows together on a white, red, and blue quilt top as leaders/Enders for the other projects.

I'm excited to see what others are working on and I will post pictures eventually.

Connie