View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 01:33 AM
lyllye

Default Hi, from Arkansas

Hi, I am fairly new to quilting. I did a little bit of hand quilting with my grandmother when I was a teenager. I have just started some machine quilting, doing quilt as you go and basically self-taught using the internet. I am looking at retirement within the next year and would like to be quilting more...and would really like to purchase a long arm at that time. I do have questions but really don't even quite know what those should be.

I am wondering about suggestions pre-washing fabrics. I have mostly been quilting with recycled denim a to be honest right now it is my fabric of choice. Since the denim jeans have been pre-washed I have not had to be concerned about pre-washing but have lately completed another quilt and to be honest I am really concerned about it bleeding the first time that it gets washed. So I went to the internet to search. Most of the blogs or instructions I found left me with the same concerns about exactly what would be the best way to pre-wash. My biggest concern being how do you pre-wash but keep your newly bought fabric from unraveling in the wash? And next do you need to size your fabric?