View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 05:39 AM
ladydukes

I recently painted and re-arranged my sewing room closet. My DH installed two 4-foot 2-strip fixtures end to end. They are the type without the bulbs and according to ratings, supposed to last somewhere around 40 years. I bought them at Home Depot for $139 per fixture. It really lights up my closet! I still have not added lighting to my sewing room because I want to consult a lighting company how/what I should do. I have 2 sconces on one wall and overhead I have a fan with a light in it. I have a free standing OTT light by my machine, a free standing OTT light by my cutting area, a table top OTT light by my ironing area and several table top OTT lights, plus a few other table top lamps directed at my sewing area. I also have one of those clamp on circular light fixtures that has a magnifying glass on it at my sewing area. In addition, I have a lot of sunlight because of windows. But, my theory is that there's never too much lighting! I want to see about having track lighting designed to go all around the room or something that will be as good. My GF has track lighting in her SR in an "X" configuration that's really nice but I need something where I can still have my ceiling fan in the center of the room.