View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 05:54 PM
nursie76

The Bernina Aurora 430 and 440QE are regular sewing machines, unless you purchase the embroidery module. The 430 does not come with the BSR for FMQ (although you can purchase it later), the 440 QE does. I have had a 440QE since July and love it! It does whatever I ask of it. I personally have see the same model sew fur pelts together! I got mine used from a dealer at about 1/2 the price of a new machine (got the remaining 20 years on the warranty). It came with about 5 different feet. I never thought i would want to embroider, but I also went back 3 weeks later and got it and I am having a blast! Most dealers offer free classes for you to learn all that the machine can do. As far as classes, I take them at the Bernina dealer, but also am welcome at LQS's that deal with Viking, Janome and Brother.

I would say that you should buy the one that has the most features that you like. I would also consider the warranty and the trade-in value. I could go into the Bernina dealers today and pretty much get what I paid for it on trade-in. Good luck in whatever you decide.