View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 11:34 AM
Jupandy

Default A Different machine

I need a different sewing machine. 9 years ago I bought a Janome 10001. Now is it worth practically nothing even in trade. It was never very usable for me. I lost my right hand in a lumber mill accident in 1998. I loved to hand piece and sew quilt blocks. OK so now I am trying to take a quilt as you go class. I am having to turn my piece around in the very small throat of my Janome. What I have so far is so crooked that its gross. I never knew there were machines that would automatically cut thread and lift the presser foot. That would be awesome. I have been looking at machines and cannot make up what little is left of my mind. I love the Baby Lock Symphony which is a discontinued model. Found used no warranty for about $1500. The needle threader on the Baby Lock machines are the best on the market. They thread themselves. Feature that I love because with only a left hand with a lot of machines getting the darn thing threaded takes for ever and its always on the wrong side. Nothing is made for left handed people. The other one I am looking at is the Viking 930. Used at $800 which is more like what I want to spend. The needle threader is not near as good and will take me a lot of time fiddling with. I just want to sew. Both machines have the auto foot up which I love and the thread cutting. I don't know but the Baby Lock just seemed a more substantial machine when I was sewing with it. Over all I liked it better. But it's twice as much money. I like the shop and people better at the Viking store way better place to do business. No pressure just let the machine sell itself. The other is total pressure. It would be great if anyone has these two machines to let me know how you like them. Thank you everyone for listening. Judy in Oregon