View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 12:42 PM
JENNR8R

Default Tulips 'Round the Cabins

Eleven days ago our guild announced the President's Challenge for this year. They won't be revealed until next June, but why wait? I finished mine today.

Guidelines:
-Maximum 24-inch square quilt – a mini quilt
-It may be any variation of the log cabin block, such as the halflog cabin or courthouse steps, wavy log cabin, etc.
-It may be mixed with other blocks and not limited to only the Log Cabin
-The layout is your choice
-One of the colors must be black or white
-You are encouraged to only use fabrics from your stash or swap with other guild members to get the colors you need

I tried two new-to-me techniques on this quilt. The log cabin blocks were freezer-paper pieced. I really liked that method... no paper to tear off in the end and the freezer-paper pattern can be used more than once.

Since my blocks finished at four inches each, I couldn't add a border because that would have made the quilt more than 24 inches. I "faced" this quilt and it measures exactly 24 inches. That's an interesting technique that I'll use again.

The tulip block I designed on graph paper. These are not paper pieced. I can't find the real name of the block so I'm naming mine "Tulip..." that way I can name the quilt "Tulips 'Round the Cabins."

I had alot of fun putting this together, but now I'm waaaaay behind on my "grownup" responsibilities.
Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg   4.jpg  

Last edited by JENNR8R; 09-06-2015 at 12:51 PM.