Thread: My LQS
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 06:06 PM
amma
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ddrobins1956
I was at our Joanne's yesterday and they had no fat quarters, none. The saleslady said they had a problem with them and that they would be getting more. She didn't say what they problem was though. Funny, eh?
I was at WallMart a week or so ago and I was buying quite a bit of fabric, mostly a yard of this and a yard of that and some half yard measures, for a couple of new quilts I have planned. The lady doing the cutting said, geez, you quilters and your half yards of this and that. I thought to myself that she should be glad of us keeping her in a job. She won't have it long as a new super Wallmart is planned for that location and that will be the end of the fabric dept. Oh well.
The FQ's at Joann's were cut short, crooked, and the labels were harder than heck to get off.... I am happy to see they are going with a different supplier :wink:

I think the new lines come out several times a year... The new ones at one online shop I frequent say some should be in this month :D:D:D

You LQS should be friendlier...and more helpful!!! Isn't that part of why we pay the higher prices?