View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 07:42 PM
4dogs

Originally Posted by PriscillaC View Post
Hi, am wondering how many of you sew with very painful, arthritic wrists. Have been diagnosed with severe osteoarthitis & am not using much meds...but am NOT willing to give up quilting. Recently ordered & am using a Martelli Rotary cutter, which isn't as hard as the Olfa. Hoping I'm not alone!!
I just had to hop in here......I too have this problem.....I find if I try to do it for too long, its worse, so do take breaks...even if you just get up to walk to the bathroom or go get a drink or something.......if I sit there too long, I cant move...........keep a sharp blade in your cutter so you don't have to put much pressure when cutting .. don't try to do very many layers at once when cutting....get a good chair.....and be sure its at the best height for you and your machine...trying to think what else..............
ALSO, I just have been doing something that is really helping me....told to do this by a 93 year old with arthritis and she says its helped her a lot.......... take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar /preferable the unfiltered kind...add a tablespoon of honey.....mix it well, add a couple ice cubes and 8 oz of water.....makes a drink, tart like lemonade, and do this 2 to 3 times per day..............after a few days, you will not have near as much joint pain.....I promise you, it helps........this is a an old remedy from by gone days...after the first 3 weeks, I could not believe the difference.......I now do this twice a day, and I use 2 tablespoons of vinegar and honey each time...I haven't had any of the OTC pain meds in 3 weeks........this is amazing.................I am not practicing medicine here, just passing on advice from a 93 year old and saying that this has really helped me........