View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 05:59 AM
LindaMRB

Default silk crazy quilt

I posted the pieced squares some time ago and have been working on embroidering each one since then. There are 50 10x10 squares and so far I have worked on 23 of them.
I am attaching a few now so I can get some opinions from you all.

Initially I was afraid of putting too much on them. I also was worried that too much color would not work for me.
Now that I have several finished I can see that more would be better and that I should add more color. Where I did that I liked them better.
I figure I can add more stitching later once I put them together and see where it needs more and I am not opposed to ripping out some stitches to redo or change the color. Some of my stitches are really uneven. I've redone some but am having a really hard time making them consistent. Grrrr.

There is one fabric (a satiny wedgewood green) with embroidery on it already. I did NOT do that work myself . . .

Unfortunately, these images sort of blur what is visible in real life. You can hardly see some of what I did, the colors blend so well!

Any thoughts out there?

Thank you!
Linda
Attached Thumbnails img_4955.jpg   img_4959.jpg   img_4960.jpg   img_4963.jpg   img_4965.jpg  

img_4967.jpg