Old 09-07-2015, 07:08 AM
Rosyhf

I just finished reading this thread, enjoying all the good stuff and grandies. We don't have any Grandchildren as yet lol....Anyway, I had a terrible thing happen to my external drive where I back up all my files. I go to check on something and it was wiped clean, all files gone, probably 3000 or more. Files that have been in there for years but I know the important ones. I got a program that would retrieve them and I am shocked that it could. I found all my files and I have those in a folder and I have been going through them for two days now, saving what I want and deleting what I don't.

It takes a long time as it doesn't put the files back in folders, they just come single file, what a mess. Most of them don't have names, just numbers and a lot of them you have to click on to see what they are. I managed to make one more block before this all happened. When I get done with this, I will burn the files to disk and not trust a drive anymore. I can always transfer from disk to drive when I need to. I'll post the block sometime today and probably take a break from all the sorting.