Old 09-08-2015, 10:34 AM
nanna-up-north

Default LBB block #14- Scherenschnitte basket - DONE- Where should I go next?

I took a little break but finished block #14 from the Little Brown Bird Quilt by Margaret Docherty just this morning. The book is now out of print but often available on eBay or Amazon.

Now I have to make a decision.... do I finish up the triangle blocks (2 corner and 4 sides) or do another regular block? These last two have been reverse applique and there are 2 more of that type a little later on. I'm doing these in number order. Next up will be lots of leaves and birds. Does anyone want to steer me in one direction or the other? I can't seem to decide.

I've been working on this quilt for 1 year now and have 14 blocks done along with 2 of the 4 corner blocks and 4 of the 8 side blocks. I figure it's going to take me 3 1/2 years total so I'm doing okay. If you want to see the other blocks I've finished, go to my album by clicking on my name, clicking on 'go to profile', and scrolling to the bottom on the left.

There are a couple of QBers, Mary and Janie, that have joined me in making these. Is there anyone else out there that would like to join the 3 of us? We'd love to get a group.... it helps everyone when we have someone to chat with and ask questions.

Okay, you all have a great day and thanks for looking at this block. I'll keep posting them as I finish until they tell me I can't.
Attached Thumbnails lbb-14.jpg