View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 02:19 PM
quilt938

Default singer treadle question

I'm finding searching for the answers myself has led me into too much temptation so I figure someone where would know the answer

will a singer 15 treadle-able machine (one is a 15-30 and not sure the the other model but it's black with a bird decal in the center..)fit in a treadle cabinet that currently holds a singer 27 sphinx? would 66 redeye work?

I think I have sewing machine adhd - can't seem to focus on a single machine but keep hopping around! anyways...I've finally gotten my house organized so I can get to the herd! I have 2 treadles from back when I first got the bug (probably 10-12 yrs ago) one is a singer 27 in a treadle cabinet (treadle needs a belt, etc but otherwise should work ok. 27 sphinx doesn't have nice decals but was working last time I used it and can use again once I find where I put the replacement plate I got after somehow losing the original..sigh..) but the other day I was browsing a local shop and just *love* this pretty little 15 that's in a treadle. price wasn't bargain-y as it had been refinished because it was in awful shape when it arrived. so i walked away for the time being since I really dont have a lot of space available for future cabinets/treadles and I would like a couple more nice treadles(like one with beautiful floral decals and a lotus) but I keep thinking about it. I also noticed no reverse and just a knob for stitch lenghth which I'm not sure how I'd adjust to (though I have an electric 66 redeye I started playing around with so may get used to it...)plus treadles probably don't reverse right? just turn the fabric around to backstitch? anways I looked on ebay thinking possibly I could find the same one I saw but without the cabinet and switch them out- instead I found a pretty gingerbread 15 but it's sold without the treadle. now I probably wouldn't bid enough to win the auction but it's one I might bid more on because I do like the looks. I also saw a white family I think it's called that looked nice but haven't done any searching locally for one or even on ebay yet.

mainly I wanna know which ones can interchange into the same cabinets- I don't think the white treadles fit in the singers- that's what someone told me the other day when I was liking a machine head-that white fits into their own cabinets but later the electrical machines would interchange with the singers in singer cabinets.

I think I've run into the same problem as everyone else- need more space for everything I want! but crap I kinda see myself with the both 15s I'm admiring AND a White someday..sigh.. oh the other treadle I have is a new home that I fell in love with- this lady had it for sale so a friend went back with me (about a 3 1/2 - 4 hour trip!) and I bought it and was having trouble using it and she had 2 singers she was willing to sell as she had a LOT so i got this one since I was able to treadle it easier than the new home and at the time didn't have a big herd just a few! the new home has meh decals as well but i sill loved it. one of these days may replace it but for now I think I'll get another belt (yep this one broke too!) and just learn to use it and see how I enjoy it.