View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 04:15 PM
Bree123

Really beautiful. I personally would wait until the quilting was done to apply beads, but that's me. My reason is that I would have to use glass beads to be able to iron the quilt top, but glass beads also break rather easily & I wouldn't want to have to worry about catching on on my needle, presser foot, knocking it against the side of the machine or table a bit too hard while maneuvering the quilt, etc. I've broken glass head pins before & they are a mess to clean up.

One notion you might consider are the hot-fix rhinestones. I've seen them on AQS award-winning quilts and they really look fantastic! I've already decided that I'm done with working with all those tiny beads after seeing the results that are possible with hot-fix rhinestones. So easy. So pretty. Yes, it's yet another tool that probably neither of us need (though some sites suggest you can just use a 350F iron, instead of the fancy $25 hot fix electric heat applicator tool), but thought I'd share the idea with you just in case.