View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Oh, I wish I could afford a fancy machine...
My 1949 singer was in lovely shape before the flooding in my basement two years ago.
I have never seen a Singer 319 in black before I love it!! I could have yours running in no time. Believe it or not that is a domestic machine and not an industrial. Although it took some styling ques from the industrial end it was labeled for sale as a domestic machine. The 401 was the machine that superseded that model and the 319 was a short run machine.

So you do have a fancy machine after all!!!!

What is the serial number on it? I am thinking that its more of an later issue. I can check it through my records here just to see, but I have been known to be wrong before! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had a near mint 319K with all of the accessories including the cabinet and stool I bought off of CL for $40. When my Niece and her MIL went to pick it up the MIL fell in love with it. She was saying that she had one that she received new as a wedding gift but it was lost in a house fire. That was her favorite machine she ever owned but was unable to find another so I just gave it to her saying it was my belated wedding gift.

Billy, you should be careful bragging about your machines, some of us may get very jealous and come over and mug you and take them.LOL
Hey I will share, no need in beating me down for them LOL !! :lol: :lol:

I am loving this thread though, a lot of really nice vintage machines and some pretty high tech ones also. Lets just say I am envious of a few of the machines shown especially the 222K, the 301's, and the Black 319!!!!

Billy