View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 09:18 PM
KBunn

Wonderful finds...I love thirft shops and it always hurt me a little to see hand made quilts in them. I know the work that goes into them and I used to think..."how can someone just drop these off at tthe Goodwill" One day I was in our local church's thrift shop and there was a young girl there with her baby. She was purchasing what was obviously a handmade baby quilt. I know this is a terribly snobby thought...but all I could think was that I really hoped she would take care of that quilt. Then I heard her talking to the clerk about how when she was young her mom used to quilt and they all had blankets she had made them. But her mom was "gone" now and she had no one to make a quilt for her son. She said the one she found reminded her of the ones her mother used to make and she liked to think mom had a hand in her son getting this one since she couldn't be here to make one herself. Made me see things so differently..that our quilts maybe be blessings that we done't even know about. Changed the way I look at giving quilts..that is for sure.