Old 03-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Cordelia

As long as I'm posting pics, here's close-ups of the embroidery patterns. My mom bought those years ago. Some of them I actually downloaded from the internet at Ann the Gran's or something or other site. There's a fellow in Australia who uploaded a lot of those fish patterns.

Back in the beginning when I was learning how to sew, mom taught me how to change the thread on her embroidery machine and let me make all those beautiful embroidery patterns. Then she showed me how to sew them into those crazy patch blocks.

So, those are my first sewing attempts. She showed me how to put in those corner stone blocks and to line up my blocks nicely and put the borders and backing on them. They're not really quilted, per se, just stitched in the ditch.

Then I went to work on the butterfly one.

And, I gave the fish one to my cousin as a housewarming gift for her new house on the water. Then the butterfly one I gave to a colleague that retired. I was showing it off and she asked if I could make her one. I told her she could have it for her new house where she was retiring and she about cried.

I guess she liked it.

Another fun pattern from Chantal's website.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7237[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-7237.jpe   attachment-49839.jpe   attachment-49844.jpe