View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 05:35 AM
Macybaby

Belfrybat - this is my husband using his "shovel" to haul away parts of the first half of this building. So he does not work real hard clearing paths in the snow.

He hopes to finish up the blockwork today - since he's using the existing footings - and they are not level, it takes a bit more work to get the blocks set correctly. But once that is done he can start framing and then it starts looking like he's making progress.

DH told me his goal is to have it ready to turn over to me by the end of November, which means it will be ready to paint. So if things go well, I could be moved in for Christmas! That would be so awesome! Even if that does mean I'll be moving stuff out there after there is snow on the ground.

I think I'll use the same color in the other side - I still need to do some touchup paint there too - so I can do both at the same time.

This is a picture of the west end - the brown door will open into the new side that will have the longarm. The east side will not have a vaulted ceiling, which makes it simpler to sheetrock and paint, and easier to hang lights over the longarm.

We'll also be installing the old cabinets I took out of the family farmhouse last summer. I sure have missed my summer kitchen the last few weeks!

Last edited by Macybaby; 09-10-2015 at 05:37 AM.