View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 01:43 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by jillmc View Post
What would I do without all of you? I have no quilting friends to bounce things off of.......thanks for being here and being so generous with your time and patience!
I am working on a Christmas tree skirt for one of my sons and his family. Just making it up as I go....
Today, I started working on the sleigh section, and as I was beading the gold edge of the sleigh, I started thinking maybe I shouldn't do any embellishing until after it is quilted? And now I am wondering if quilting it will make it all wonky? I am going to put a row of holly leaves or something around the outer edges to bring it all together...but I am second guessing my plan at this point! Please help!
I did not notice the sleigh section being on a different fabric until you mentioned it. Just a suggestion- if you have enough of the same fabric make two more panels if you haven't already completed the other section of the skirt, then every other one would be like the sleigh panel. No one would know that it wasn't planned that way. That is going to be beautiful. Be sure to post a picture when you finish. Where did you find such a cute pattern?

Last edited by Gerbie; 09-11-2015 at 01:45 AM.