Old 09-13-2015, 02:06 PM
Dina

Almost the last thing I do is to run a ....well, phooey, I have forgotten the name of it...one of those roller things with sticky tape on them. The goal is to catch any threads, either attached or that were just floating in my sewing room. (Is it called a lent roller????)

Do read the rules, as every quilt show is different. Our guild's doesn't require a sleeve, but it does require the quilt to be turned in inside a pillow case and the quilt must have a label with your name on it, even if it is just pinned on with a safely pin.

I don't smoke, but one of the hints for quilters who have a smoker in the house is to briefly put the quilt in the dryer on fluff with a dryer sheet. Many of my friends found that advice very helpful. We had a small program on how to prepare a quilt for the show, and this dryer sheet idea was quite popular.

Sort of scattered information, but then I am in a scatterbrain mood. I am in the middle of seam ripping. Never fun, particularly as I could have avoided the seam ripping if I had bothered to read the instructions carefully.

Dina