View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 07:46 AM
LovingIzabella

Originally Posted by Lostn51
So far with the help of my friends at the NeedleBar we have found out that it is a badged machine by the Davis SM Company. And everyone agrees that you have a REALLY nice find.

I will need some measurements on the bed to help with the model of the machine, but you need to treat this machine with the up most care. If I were you I would try and to find another one if you are wanting to use it because you will likely never find another one of these in this nice of condition.

I will PM you about how to clean it without risking any damage to the decals and how to go about freshening the lid (which has the tree of life carvings = more valuable) so it is not "over restored" looking and more original in the finish department. This is one of the machines that should only be looked after and never used at all.

Billy
Billy,
Thank you sooo much for finding out about this machine for me-I surely do appreciate it. I picked it up for $10 merely because I really liked it and wanted an old machine to display. To now know I might have found a true find makes me so excited.
I look forward to finding out how to clean it right as I do not want to ruin it in any way-I think it is a beautiful machine.
Thank you again-I am doing a happy dance!
Hugs
April