View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 07:01 AM
Kwiltr

Default Latest Finish - Our Son's New Quilt

A couple of years ago, I asked my son what he would like in a quilt if I made one for him. After some thought, he said he'd like a quilt with a Canadian Flag on it. So I got scouring the Internet for pictures and ideas to send him to get a feel for what he was looking for and the one that struck him was the best flag rendition in a quilt I've seen, IMHO of course. So my challenge was to take that quilt, which was a lap size and make it into something he could use on his Queen size bed and try and make it interesting and personal to him. Here's what I came up with. He has always been a red and black fan, so colour choice was easy. Then I searched around for various prints that spoke to his various interests, like hockey, snowboarding and cars, racing and working on them. We delivered the quilt to him last week for his 29th birthday and he liked it! I was pleased with how it turned out, yet I have since had so many ideas as to things I could have done differently. I tried to keep the flag the focus, and the quilt manly. The flag portion of the quilt is the only pattern I had and was provided to me by a member on this board "rdy1tk2" and I am so thankful she was happy to share it with me! I called the quilt "Proud Canadian". Thanks for taking a peak!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg