View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 07:17 PM
WideAngleMind

Default Felt Pads in Sewing Machine Cabinets

Hello All! This is my first post on this board so please forgive if this question has already been answered. (I did try to search first ...) I've been lurking and learning so much from everyone - thank you!! Have just been a little shy to post.

In in the last couple of months I've caught the vintage sewing machine bug and have collected a pretty good group in a short time. I'm not sure which forum to use to post an intro and photos of my newly adopted machines and cabinets?

I'm now starting to clean/polish/restore things and have a question about cabinets. You know those little felt dots in the cabinets that are strategically placed where the machine rests on the front hinged wooden piece? (Aren't I technical??!!) Actually, some of those "dots" are more of a plug shape, filling in a little channel. Am I making any sense?' ;-)

Some of these felt dots are missing or in very bad shape. I'd like to replace them. I tried searching on eBay but didn't find anything. I can use small felt sticky dots from Home Depot but thought that if there was a genuine product out there, that might be better.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much.

- Tori

Last edited by WideAngleMind; 09-16-2015 at 07:20 PM.