View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 07:09 AM
Caroline94535

I had read about the special size needles...that was one strike against the cute machine.

KLO - I do sew, but I'm all good with an "in working order" 1952 Pfaff 130, a new Bernina 230PE, and the 1975 Singer Fashion Mate 252. The 1954 Singer 15-91 needs new cords, but I can't justify another "for sewing" machine!

LOL @ Helen Ann - we're not even dating; we're just nodding acquaintances.

My small combo Sewing Room/Ladies' Parlour already holds three vintage sewing machines (two in cabinets), one modern sewing machine (it sits on top of the Singer 42 cabinet), and a serger. There's no more room and I am battling the urge to "collect."

I've recently seen and touced and lusted over my first "in real life" Singer 66 Red Eye treadle, an 1892 Singer Sphinx 27, and a Singer 99. A couple years ago I "visited" a fancy parlor cabinet with a Minnesota machine, but I didn't know what I was looking at, at the time.

I do hope to get back to Crookston (it's a long haul there) to take better and more photos and try firing up this machine.

I guess "my" collection will be a album of detailed photos and information on the "ones that got away!"